cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo Parametric 9.0 Will Not Allow Drag/Drop Open File From Windows File Explorer

tfilipiak
9-Granite

Creo Parametric 9.0 Will Not Allow Drag/Drop Open File From Windows File Explorer

In previous versions I had no problems opening Creo Parametric model files by dragging and dropping them into the graphics window from Windows File Explorer.  Now this function to open files does not work at all, not for part models and not for dragging part models into an assembly.

What changed in Creo Parametric 9.0 that this function will not work??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello  tfilipiak,

In Creo Parametric 9.0. drag and drop is working for me for Creo files in part as well as in assembly mode. 

If you are using any config file, can you check drag and drop by removing config file 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello  tfilipiak,

In Creo Parametric 9.0. drag and drop is working for me for Creo files in part as well as in assembly mode. 

If you are using any config file, can you check drag and drop by removing config file 

I removed the config.pro file from the folder and I still cannot drag and drop parts into Creo for the model or for an assembly.

llie
16-Pearl
(To:tfilipiak)

What version of Creo 9 are you using?

Can you share the screen recording?

Sorry.  I did delete the config.pro.  I rebooted and went back in to Creo.  That does seem like it fixed it.  I am wondering if something in the custom config.pro I was using caused this difficulty?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:tfilipiak)

First add it back and make sure it was the reason. 

If it has the problem again, I usually make a copy of the original config.pro then delete half of it and retest (you need to restart creo each time you retest with the new config. If the problem disappears, then the setting was is in the deleted half, if it remains, then the problem was in the kept half.

Keeping track of what you have done, continue deleting half of the affected config test file and finding which half has the problem. Depending on how long your config is, it only takes a 3 or 4 or so to reduce it to a list that you can test each individually.

Keeping track of your progress and what you deleted and/or kept is key to this process. I've done it many times and usually only take 10-15 minutes to get thru a long config.

Thanks for the advice.  That thought did occur to my to try chunks of my custom config.pro to see if and/or where it would fail.  If something else related to this comes up, I will update this thread.  For now at least, this function seems to be working.

Top Tags