cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo Search Command

CR_9888056
8-Gravel

Creo Search Command

Does anyone have any good experiences using the "Find/Search" function within Creo Drawing?

I'm currently trying to use it and I realize it sucks pretty bad. I'm thinking it must of been designed by Microsoft.

Anyway, I've got a drawing with multiple sheets of tables on it and I'm trying to do a "text" search to find specific things within those sheets of tables but to no avail. See attachment.

-CR

4 REPLIES 4
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:CR_9888056)

I don't believe the find tool was designed to find text as you are trying to do.  It finds features and entities.

I would suggest creating a pdf with searchable text and use that.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Yes, I thought that might be the case. That's been my workaround is creating a PDF like you recommended. I was just curious about Creo's version of search. It's disappointing but I'm not surprised.

Thanks,

CR

Hi @CR_9888056 

I was able to get the desired results, Screenshot is attached.

By taking a closer look at the image attached, I have noticed that you have not selected the 'Look In' in the top right corner. 

Screenshot 2023-06-01 030543.png

Thank you for checking. Unfortunately I can't get it to work right on my end.

It seems the Find function does well with finding geometries & dimensions but does very poorly with notes and text.

Another drawback is in a multi-sheet drawing, it lacks the capability to take you to the specific sheet an items is located.

I guess I'm spoiled by Word and Excel. Sadly, AutoCAD has a far superior search/find command too.

I know I can convert a drawing to PDF for better search functionality, but I wanted to see how well Creo's Find command works.

Top Tags