cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creo parametric assembly dashed line

Fabio_Ugoletti
6-Contributor

Creo parametric assembly dashed line

Hi, 

Is possible to disable or remove the dashed line that appears during assembly parts in creo parametric under edit definition ?

I want to keep the surface selection view but without the dashed line that help to position a single part for example.

I'm using Creo Parametric 8.0

(see the attached below)

thank's in advance
Fabio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

comp_assemble_start constrain_in_window

This option will start your assembly in the "secondary window". I think it is what you are looking for.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hello 

The color of the dashed line is driven by Primary highlighted & Selected 

When the references are being selected, the dashed line is driven by Selected

After selecting both references, the dashed line is driven by is Primary Highlighted 

abpande_0-1697102765723.png`

config option below were also not helpful 

•  highlight_geometry
  • prehighlight

Hi,

I have already try to change the options "prehighlight"  to NO, and see the dashedline during assembly edit definition disappear but I can't see no more the select surface that I wanto to move with a coincidente until I click on that surface, for example, with another surface.

I want only to disable o disappear only the dashed line wich appear during the assembly , or set to "Trasparent"  instead of colourful, if is possible.

Bye 

Fabio

Hi,

how about showing the component being added in a separate window.

MartinHanak_0-1697112188714.png

Martin Hanák

Thank's for your suggestion MartinHanak.

I tried and the dashed line is disappeared but the highlight surface is remain. 
However is a little bit difficult to see what you are doing because you don't have the part in the main window and you don't see how the part is oriented.
Anyway I will try to use this metod and I hope that will be a possibility, mybe in the future to hide this dashedline.

Hi Martin,

Do you know if it possible to change the default settings in  "Component display" with "Sepate Window enabled" and "Main Window disabled".?

Usually the setting is Main Window Enable and Separate Window disabled and I would to change it.

Thank you

Bye

Fabio

@Fabio_Ugoletti wrote:

Hi Martin,

Do you know if it possible to change the default settings in  "Component display" with "Sepate Window enabled" and "Main Window disabled".?

Usually the setting is Main Window Enable and Separate Window disabled and I would to change it.

Thank you

Bye

Fabio

Hi,

I am sorry I couldn't find any such option. You can ask PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

comp_assemble_start constrain_in_window

This option will start your assembly in the "secondary window". I think it is what you are looking for.

Hi StephenW,
thank you.
I have found this option in another post inside of ptc forum.

Yes it's works but only for the new assembly parts. I mean, when you assembly a new part, from the assebly mode, you can see this one on the Separate Window, but after you have positioned the part and you need to change a position and press edit definition, the Separate window is disable and the Main window enabled.

I have notice insted that if you active the "Separate window" option and leave "Main window" option active you don't see the dashed line for positioning the part and that is my goal. But after this operation if you deactive the Main Window and re-active immediately Main Window here appear the dashed line again.

I hope you have understood.

Fabio

That line seems to be a function of Prehighlight. Seems they are connected. 

You could ask PTC Tech support and/or you could make a product idea https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/idb-p/creoparametric to request a change.

If you decide to make a product enhancement idea, keep your expectations low that your idea will be implemented.

Top Tags