cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo schematics - how to update dataset in central catalog?

LK_10080738
7-Bedrock

Creo schematics - how to update dataset in central catalog?

Hello everyone,

I am using schematics 7.0 as a ECAD and I have already an existing design where I would like to update datatables (picture 1) which are already in the central catalog. Also in the design I use a variable connector which is also in central catalog. At this connector I assigned default dataset (the one I would like to update)

The question is how to proceed now? I would like to keep the variable connector, only update the dataset.

I tried to move with the files in central catalog folder but nothing is working. I can of course create a new dataset and delete the previous one from central catalogue, but then I will lost the connection with the variable connector (picture 2). 

I saw on PTC help website that there should be administrator and editor, but I did not get how could I become one. 

5 REPLIES 5

Alright I have a little update.... I somehow played with cmd and managed to create a password for my design. Now I can unlock the design with "unlock catalog" button and edit existing items which are in central catalog. So far this seems to be working as I expected.

The question is the "Admin" tab. I can't find it anywhere.... anyone knows what should I do to see it at the ribbon tab?

Thank you

PKUMARAK
6-Contributor
(To:LK_10080738)

Admin tab whether its for admin window only or not am not sure,

but you can see "unlcok catalogue" beside verify catalogue" in "design" tab.

Hi LK_10080738,

Thank you for your question. 
I’d like to recommend to bring more details and context to your initial inquiry. Like product release and date-code. 
It also helps to have screenshot(s) to better understand what you are trying to do in your process. 

This will increase your chances to receive meaningful help from other Community members. 

Regards,

Community Moderation Team.

PKUMARAK
6-Contributor
(To:vnamboodheri)

Hi all,

Yes the same struggle i am facing in Creo schematics where i have created template .RSD file and submitted all the artifacts to central catalogue by copy and paste from temporary submission folder,

Now i want to edit the artifacts in template file but its not letting me to do so. i have attached the same inquiry.

It looks like you have some responses from some community members. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.
Regards,
Andra
Top Tags