cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

DXF exporting of flat - Layer Control

msteffke
13-Aquamarine

DXF exporting of flat - Layer Control

I am attempting to export a 1:1 scale view with no format to DXF for Router/laser cutting.  All exported through API Toolkit callls traversing assemblies.  Thats all working great.  I am using a dxf_export.pro file to map layers.  Which is all  working fine.    Some layers determine tooling options such as etching or determines that a punch tool is required.   The NC software is configured to handle the mapped enumerated layering.    Here is what the mapping file looks like.

map_layer 7_ALL_COSMETICS 99
map_layer 3_ALL_CURVES 99
map_layer 5_ALL_CURVES 99
map_layer 2_ALL_CSYS 99
map_layer 8_ALL_ROUNDS 0
map_layer 9_ALL_HOLES 0
map_layer 3_ALL_AXES 0

! the above layers are my Default layers set up in Creo Config.pro  years ago, in our Por_foundation rollout. 

! the following layers are standard layers we defined for engineers to use to control 

map_layer COSM_PUNCH 6
map_layer CURVE_PUNCH 6
map_layer COSM_ETCH 4
map_layer COSM_DIEINFO 8
map_layer COSM_RIB 3
map_layer COSM_LASER 0
map_layer SHEAR 9
map_layer CURVE_LINECUT 0
map_layer DO_NOT_CUT 13

My issue is, what happens if geometry is created that is not on one of these layers.?      I have some parts with  some odd layers overriding the Creo default layers, but appear to be crteated by Creo.  An example is   

msteffke_0-1708984608769.png

Similiar layer names, but not the ones that we have defined.  I cannot figure out where these layers came from.    And because there is no mapping value for them they are appearing in the DXF file in the same layer name.    such as 06__prt_all_curves.   Our NC software needs these layers set to a number. 

Anyone have an idea where these extra layers are being born from?  

Q2:  for DXF can default geomtry be defaulted to a base layer?   

Thanks for any ideas, I understand this is a little detailed and specific! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Those are the layers created when one starts a part with the "default start part". I don't like them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Those are the layers created when one starts a part with the "default start part". I don't like them.

msteffke
13-Aquamarine
(To:KenFarley)

Thanks this is good info.  I verified this, and at least if these are consistent I can include them in my dxf_export.pro

Top Tags