cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Dimensioning holes/creo2.0

dgrobe
6-Contributor

Dimensioning holes/creo2.0

i want to know how everyone else does this.  when i have a hole, be it just a regular threaded hole, or clearance.. anything for that matter.. counterbore, countersink, anything.

why doesnt creo recognize all the information in the hole model, as information for the drawing.

for instance.  the engineer creates a M3 threaded hole, thru the part.  but has a counterbore of 6.50, with a depth of 3.00.  all that information is in the model.  but when i create the drawing, and show annotations, this information isnt there.  or is there something i am doing wrong, it shows it as a 3.00 diameter hole, but the counterbore, and everything of that sort doesnt show.  i have to go into the model, edit definition, and see what the dimensions are. then go back into the drawing, and manually type it out.

M3 x 0.5 thru

6.50 depth of 3.00 (obviously using symbols for counterbore and depth, and the &d# for the dimension)

but having to go from model, to drawing to get all this information.. is unproductive.

does anyone else have a better way?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The information is there and is assigned to parameters tied to the feature, however you need to edit the note, or create a new note, to call these values.

The harder option, but better in the long run, is to edit your *.hol files to include the notes for all of the possible instances, and to correct for their inaccuracies/errors.  There is plenty of information about this in the help files for WF/Creo, and in this thread: Counterbore/Countersink hole Notes on Drawing.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The information is there and is assigned to parameters tied to the feature, however you need to edit the note, or create a new note, to call these values.

The harder option, but better in the long run, is to edit your *.hol files to include the notes for all of the possible instances, and to correct for their inaccuracies/errors.  There is plenty of information about this in the help files for WF/Creo, and in this thread: Counterbore/Countersink hole Notes on Drawing.

dgrobe
6-Contributor
(To:lsrutkowski)

thank you for the link.. what i decided i would do, is update the default note, on the default hole file.  well.. the hole file our designers use.  instead of trying to retrain them to use a counter bore hole, in the hole pull down, they will keep on with the standard way, and i will go edit the note on the hole with the correct callouts. 

Top Tags