cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Error: file name changed, not checked out by you

OY_10733010
1-Newbie

Error: file name changed, not checked out by you

Hello every one
I´m working on an assembly and I just finished it.
A co-worker renamed a sub-assembly and now it shows this error "file name changed, not checked out by you".
I can do check in and check out to my assembly, but I am asked to remove that error. Thanks in advance for your support and kind response.

error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:OY_10733010)

It may be as simple as gong to the workspace and using Tools - Synchronize

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:OY_10733010)

It may be as simple as gong to the workspace and using Tools - Synchronize

DO_9103628
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Hi there,

I'm having a similar issue where I renamed an uploaded part that I had checked out. I'm now getting the same error (Error: File name changed).

I tried updating the part, synchronizing and updating my workspace and nothing has fixed this... I get the following messages in the console when I did those actions:

Nothing is Out Of Date in Workspace.
All the objects in session are up to date.
Nothing to Synchronize from server side workspace.

Any idea what else could help?

Thanks!

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:DO_9103628)

@DO_9103628 

Sometimes you just need to use refresh your workspace. Sometimes you need to erase your creo memory and re-open. 

Sometimes you need to synchronize, update out of date a few times.

Sometimes, especially it the rename was family table related, it becomes a real challenge to get it all  correct.

If i start to have ongoing problems with workspace operations, I will usually get everything checked in and just delete the workspace and create a new one to work in.

If this still doesn't work, post a new question on the windchill forum. This is not really a creo parametric issue.

Top Tags