cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Hatching Properties Creo 9.0.4.0

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Hatching Properties Creo 9.0.4.0

With the new UI, where did the hatch properties get placed?

I would just like to change the spacing and am puzzled where they hid this property.

Dale_Rosema_0-1683653118702.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:Dale_Rosema)

11 REPLIES 11
Chris3
20-Turquoise

This might answer your question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReqUS8c3dio 

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Chris3)

The video was nice, but in today's age, they should add chapters to the video so that it would be that much more beneficial.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Converting old hatch patterns is referenced @3:35-3:55 in the video, so don't give up in the first minute.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

So is it an improved workflow or just change for the sake of change?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:StephenW)

For me it was just a nuisance, The hatching were so spaced out you couldn't really tell they were hatched.

Small company with not a lot of standard as far as this hatching for this material and that hatching for that material.

The shop just needs to understand what is being communicated with them.

I am sure that others may see it as a big improvement. For me, I just needed to know where and how to update it.  

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I don't know why I'm interested. I'm trying to live vicariously thru those who are closer to a modern release. We just rolled to Creo 6 about 6 months ago. We are likely not moving from that release for many years.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I just took a big leap from Creo 4.0 to Creo 9.0.4.0, with brand new systems. (Two computers)

Trying to get all the mapkey bugs, other software upgrade bugs, new system bugs worked out. (Up and running since Thursday afternoon)

Oh.... and also getting and intern going....   🙂

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

.... also

not sure what the relation between the old and new spacing values.

What used to be a "0.7" spacing in Creo 4.0 is now a "3" spacing in Creo 9.

I have no idea what the spacing means on the new hatching, as far as numerical values go. The result seems to be dependent on some other factor, maybe the overall model size, I don't know.

@Dale_Rosema wrote:

.... also

not sure what the relation between the old and new spacing values.

What used to be a "0.7" spacing in Creo 4.0 is now a "3" spacing in Creo 9.

Hi,

just FYI ... if you do not like new PAT hatching, you can still use old XCH hatching. I did it in Creo 7.0 and I hope it is possible in Creo 9.0, too. You need to:

• set config.pro option ... DEFAULT_HATCH_TYPE   XCH
  • copy xch file from old Creo ... files are located in Common Files\text\crosshatch directory

Martin Hanák

Unfortunately, there is a bug related to XCH hatching ... https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS386862

Martin Hanák
Top Tags