cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Hopefully we'll get the ISDX package soon....

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Hopefully we'll get the ISDX package soon....

...It'll be nice being able to do stuff like this the easier way..... GEN+1.X+ERGO+LEVER+ISO-01.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
13 REPLIES 13

You are a glutton...

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

....for PUNISHMENT!

But I still get to have fun every once in a while......

ISDX really is pretty cool.
But there is a new toy on the horizon: the Freestyle tool. In Creo3 you can attach freestyle boundaries to external geometry (datum curves etc.) which now starts to make it really interesting...

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:Constantin)

Yeah, I think we're going to creo 3 soon, hopefully......

We've got a seat of ISDX. I rarely use it. The few times I have were less than successful. It's a completely different mindset than regular surfacing, I'm not sure I've successfully mastered the level of Zen required to use it.

The image above doesn't seem that challenging in regular surfacing.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:dgschaefer)

...appearances are decieving.....

I'm sure. It's easy to say it's not hard from a single image. 😛

--
LinkedIn
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Ok Doug, here's one for ya!

A perfect candidate for a spinal bend

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

I actually thought of that after the fact. Weird, huh?

I dowloaded it, but no time to play right now. Crazy busy through Christmas & New Years.

--
LinkedIn
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Yeah, I hear ya, me too!

Constantin
13-Aquamarine

That does not surprise me, Doug.
ISDX is derived from a standalone free form modeler (CDRS, then for a bit it was called Pro/Design under the PTC flag until it fully migrated into ProE) which really has a different background.
The two weirdest things are definitely the internal dependencies: deleting a surface boundary, freezing the failed surface, creatig a new boundary and now use it for the surface...
And the surface trimming logic is also really weired.
But hey, it is a designers tool and designers are also weired (I am allowed to say that)

Top Tags