cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How do you flip the axis direction of an explode line?

ptc-1096496
1-Newbie

How do you flip the axis direction of an explode line?

I am adding explode lines to an explode view in Creo but I can't change the direction of the lines when they are pointing in the wrong direction. The flip button is greyed out.

7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the forum. If I understand the question, you are seeing this:

Explode1.JPG

When you want to see this:

Explode2.JPG

to do this, you cannot flip the line, instead you must create a new line. To make sure the explode line comes out on the correct side, you must be careful when picking on the axis. The explode line will come out of whichever end of the axis that you select, so to get the explode line coming out of the left hand side, pick the left hand end of the axis.

I hope this helps,

David

answer does not work, very difficult to get the desired results, again, creo hates humanity

From PTC

Editing Explode Lines

You can edit existing explode lines by selecting the explode line and clicking Edit Explode Line Graphic from the Explode Lines tab in the dashboard. You can also right-click and select Edit Explode Line. You can perform the following edit operations on an explode line:

• Edit the explode line length — You can extend or shorten the ends of an explode line by dragging the handle at the desired end.
  • Add Jogs — Select the explode line location where you want to create the jog, right-click, and select Add Jog. You can then drag the jog to its desired location. You can delete the jog by right-clicking its handle and selecting Remove Jog.

Modifying Explode Line Style

You can modify the style of existing explode lines by selecting the explode line and either clicking Edit Line Styles from the Explode Lines tab in the dashboard, or by right-clicking in the graphics window and selecting Modify Line Style. You can modify the line style to be Hidden, Geometry, Leader, Cut Plane, Phantom, or centerline. You can also modify the Line Font and Color. You can always restore the default line style by selecting the explode line and clicking Default Line Style from the Explode Lines tab in the dashboard.

TB_7518948
6-Contributor
(To:khallquist)

I swear Creo knows the correct thing to do whenever I try it, because there's no other way it can consistently do the exact opposite.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TB_7518948)

BWAHAHAHA!

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:dcox-2)

There is a lot missing in the functionality of explode lines.

They don't always work with hidden views,

They rarely come from where I need them too,

They do not follow isometric view rules when you jog the line (30 degree snap),

They do not facilitate parallel offset lines.

In general, this is one of those "because ""THEY"" did it" type features.

It is not nearly as clean or complete as Core Pro|E features from days of old.

And they are a bear to manage!

That makes them "optional" rather than "preferred" or "required" by administrators.

Unless they like their CAD jockeys to pull all their hair out, of course.

NitMad
7-Bedrock
(To:dcox-2)

It worked!!!! All this time......

Top Tags