cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

ISDX style surface accuracy for merge

Spikaart
1-Newbie

ISDX style surface accuracy for merge

Hello all,

If I create several style surfaces within a style feature I'm finding that some of them often don't merge to each other when I complete the feature and get out of ISDX. I have my accuracy set to absolute and at .0005 inches. It almost seems like ISDX is using a lower accuracy to define the curves and surfaces within the feature.

Example:

1. create a loft surface

2. drop a curve onto that surface and trim the surface using that curve

3. create another surface that uses the drop curve as one of it's boundaries

4. complete the style feature

5. the two surfaces are not merged. If I try creating a merge feature to merge them it only merges along portions of the edge that should merge.

Seem to me that these two surfaces should merge without any trouble since the drop curve that trims the first surface is also the same curve used to create the second surface.

Has any one else run into this? Am I missing something? Is there a way to ensure that all the surfaces merge properly? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
Constantin
13-Aquamarine
(To:Spikaart)

Hi Steven,
i have also never had problems with that.
Have you tried using the trimmed boundary instead of the drop curve as the boundary for the new surface? Just a thought...

I've come up with an example model that has no IP in it. See below and attached.

This part was modeled using absolute accuracy set at .0005 inches. If I change the accuracy to relative and set it to the default .0012 inches then everything merges fine.

Any help with why this isn't merging would be great.

Capture.PNG

Top Tags