cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Need to manually change index number in repeat region BOM table

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Need to manually change index number in repeat region BOM table

We want to use "ALT" parts (very much against my recommendations but we have to do BOM's to the specs...) and while it's easy enough to change the quantity to "ALT" or "AR" (for bulk items like sealant etc.), I'd like to actually manually change the index (EDIT:  right column listed as "ITEM") to have 2 #11's.  I'd also like to be able to keep the correct quantity for "ALT" parts since that's good information.  I've been working on it and I don't THINK it's possible, but I'm not 100% sure it can't be done.  Or if it CAN be done, can it be done without a gigantic set of relations at the table level?

Any ideas?

MANUALLY CHANGE BOM INDEX#.png

Thx!

2 REPLIES 2

It goes back to something you taught me:

Here is my discussion about 1/2 part....

Yes, a gigantic set of relations in the table...

https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/1-2-of-a-part/m-p/100428

Thanks again - I use it all the time.

Didn't realize the index number were on the right. This is probably not what you had in mind.

'Sup Dale!

LOL  Man, that Golden Oldie from way back in 2012....

I've been bustin' backside to monkey with the "index" with relations and parameters etc. to try and get what I want, but so far no go.  Every time I find something I THINK will make it work....nope, and it just wipes out the entire column of indexes.  Gah!  Just found out from Da Boss that what I'm trying to do doesn't HAVE to be done, but I WANT to try and do it because I think that would be a better way.  As it is now I can easily populate the "QTY REQD" column with any of the 4 options we have ("ALT" etc.) and what I'm doing is making the model parameters "DWG_TITLE1", "DWG_TITLE2", and "DWG_TITLE" which fill out our "Description" column flexible, so that if at that particular assembly it is an "ALT" part for something else, any or all of those "title" parameters can be changed to have the suffix "(ALTERNATE PART FOR ITEM XX)" ONLY at that particular assembly so it doesn't screw up the BOM in any other assembly it's in where it is NOT an alternate part for something.  I got most of what I want, but, greedy me, I want it ALL!  LOL

I was hoping PTC would have added this needed flexibility in the "upgrade" (Bold New Graphics!  LOL) to Creo 8, but noooo...  I would also like to see PTC chime in with a fix or at least 100% confirm that what I want to do CAN'T be done, but, I'm not gonna hold my breath while I'm waiting....

Top Tags