cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Position/Line numbers in the model tree

ML_2678909
4-Participant

Position/Line numbers in the model tree

How can I assign a line number in the model tree within an assembly to the individual parts or subassemblies. You can then synchronise this directly with Windchill and receive a complete structure with quantities automatically from the CAD model.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ML_2678909)

Groups are not recognized by repeat regions. Your best bet is to make your group an assembly in itself.

ML_2678909
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

I think my question was misunderstood. It is about assigning a line number in the model tree within an assembly to the individual parts or subassemblies. You can then synchronise this directly with Windchill and receive a complete structure with quantities automatically from the CAD model.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I  re-read your post. By item numbers, are you referring to a drawing table BOM? Model trees can't show repeat region item #'s.

You can modify the model tree to show feature number but that isn't an item #.

Maybe a screenshot of what you are referring to?

ML_2678909
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

@StephenW Unfortunately, I can't show it to you because I can't do it here on this workstation. That is exactly my problem. In my old company, there was a button in Creo for this. You could create an additional column in the model tree and either manually or automatically assign a line number for a BOM.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

OK, sounds like your previous had some sort of customization. There are several things happening here that all have to interact, making it a challenge.

I don't use windchill to drive BOM's so I'm no help with that part. I think the short answer is that you would have to replicate the customization.

For an "item number" to display in the model tree, I think it would have to be a parameter (model or component parameter) and if you are using a drawing BOM, that would also have to refer to that parameter. It would be different than the typical repeat region index # in a typical drawing BOM.

Top Tags