cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Simulation of contact between unusual shaped bodies in mechanism ?

SylvainA.
4-Participant

Simulation of contact between unusual shaped bodies in mechanism ?

Hello,

I'm facing a new challenge as I have to simulate (or, at least, animate) the behaviour of an assembly based on a cam-follower system.

I have defined all needed connections of the main assembly and I can analyse and animate it in mechanism and animation modes without any problem. (

My issue is that I have to show the interaction between this assembly and the part it is assumed to follow.

I have tried to add a 3D contact and a cam-follower connection but it didn't work as the contacting surfaces are neither spherical, cylindrical nor planar.

I'm mainly using Creo/Pro 5.0 but I also had a try with CREO2.0 without more success.

My main question is: Is it possible to use "freeform" bodies contact in mechanism or animation mode ?

I hope it is clear enough, any advice/question are welcome !

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags