cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Slider and Cylinder connections missing translation...

jellis-2
4-Participant

Slider and Cylinder connections missing translation...

I am performing a basic slider connection between two parts, which I have done many times before, and I don't have the option to add my translation limits. I am able to apply my axis alignment, and rotation constraints but the option for adding my translation does not exist. The 3D dragger shows that my only remaining degree of freedom is translation along the axis but I don't have the option to set the limits for it, which also gives me the error for connection definition being incomplete. Has anyone ever experienced this before?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
jellis-2
4-Participant
(To:jellis-2)

Here is a screen shot of the connection options.no_translate.JPG

Hello Jacob,

From screenshot you have sent , I can see that however you have applied both the constraints Axis alignment Rotation, but your connection status shows"Connection definition is incomplete". This may have happened due to improper selection of references.

The option to restrict the translation movement for your slider mechanism will appear only when your connection status is complete or you have successfully defined your connection.

If you could send the files , I can give it a try.

Regards,

Shashi.

Top Tags