cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Unable to get model dimensions to show in drawing in Creo 3...

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Unable to get model dimensions to show in drawing in Creo 3...

I am doing a small top-down design so almost all the geometry at the part level is being driven by a curve in the assembly.  But, to be able to attach model GD&T datums to dims, I've had to create reference dims in the section so I can attach the datums to that via "properties".  This worked fine...except I absolutely cannot show that dim on the dwg no matter what I do.  In fact, I've noticed that sometimes you simply cannot show certain dimensions.  Period.  This isn't the first time I've seen this.

Anyone else seeing this bug?  Any Pro/WORKAROUNDS?

THX!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Had a brainstorm and it actually worked!

Ok, I was trying to make the sketch more robust by using the assembly curve references to dimension to.  That way if I deleted the line, the reference dimension would not fail in the sketch or the dwg.  Obviously, it didn't like that, and even though I checked and that dim was NOT at the assembly level, somehow, directly referencing the assembly like that threw the dimension into a No Man's Land.  So, I "replaced" the dimension at the sketch level to use the line element instead, and all of a sudden now it shows no problem!  Huh?!?!  In fact, a bunch of OTHER completely unrelated dimensions that would not show in the drawing actually show up now!  Man, that's some buggy behavior.  Oh, and another thing I found out:  There is the same or similar issue with "known" dimensions (Kd#).  So, what I did was put in a construction line with a reference dimension, did a coincident constraint to make it the correct length (and thus dimension value), and now it shows in the drawing just fine, and I was able to easily add the GD&T datum to each dimension.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Had a brainstorm and it actually worked!

Ok, I was trying to make the sketch more robust by using the assembly curve references to dimension to.  That way if I deleted the line, the reference dimension would not fail in the sketch or the dwg.  Obviously, it didn't like that, and even though I checked and that dim was NOT at the assembly level, somehow, directly referencing the assembly like that threw the dimension into a No Man's Land.  So, I "replaced" the dimension at the sketch level to use the line element instead, and all of a sudden now it shows no problem!  Huh?!?!  In fact, a bunch of OTHER completely unrelated dimensions that would not show in the drawing actually show up now!  Man, that's some buggy behavior.  Oh, and another thing I found out:  There is the same or similar issue with "known" dimensions (Kd#).  So, what I did was put in a construction line with a reference dimension, did a coincident constraint to make it the correct length (and thus dimension value), and now it shows in the drawing just fine, and I was able to easily add the GD&T datum to each dimension.

Top Tags