cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

What are your favorite features…?

Michael
12-Amethyst

What are your favorite features…?

Hi everyone,

What are your favorite features, shortcut, or lesser-known capabilities in Creo that has significantly improved your workflow?

I wanna know. 🙂

Michael P Bourque
Boston Regional User Group
9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

though it is not lesser-known, but if someone would ask me, what has improved my workflow in Creo the most, I'd say:

1. API
2. mapkeys
3. trail files

Especially the Creo API lets you shape everything to your needs, automate so many processes. The number of we-had-this-issue-for-years-problems that can be solved. It is the reason why I defend Creo, with its many, many flaws, over any other CAD-package. The API is the real deal and I recommend it to all Creo users.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Michael)

I would have to say mapkeys are a favorite or mine.  I have many mapkeys in my config.pro to automate things that I do often such as make a PDF or justify a table cell to center/middle.  I also create many temporary mapkeys to automate something complicated that I know I will be doing many times that day.

I work with a lot of surfaces and one tool that I feel is lesser-known for creating smooth curves is the Fit tab.  Double click on a sketched spline, under the Fit tab, Sparce will remove unneeded points based on allowable deviation and Smooth will move points to smooth out the spline.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:kdirth)

Replace in sketcher allows you to replace an entity in the sketch with a new entity.  Any later features that reference the replaced entity are rerouted to the new one.

Edit References is also very useful and often overlooked.  Replaces feature references without using Edit Definition.

Intent selection options are also very powerful.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Lewis_Maina
6-Contributor
(To:kdirth)

I love replace in sketcher big time

LMM

I find that compared to other CAD solutions, Creo is not loved for its "improved workflows", but I find there are several functions relatively well hidden by the user-interface / lack of exposure / documentation that when shown, sways people's opinions:

1) copy, followed by paste-special / advanced reference configuration option - to duplicate the work already done in the new context

2) copy + paste in sketcher, followed by using the RMB-drag to move that anchor point around

pausob_1-1702491694010.png

3) the replace references tool is very useful when a part is copied from another project and you need it to use an already established skeleton.

pausob_0-1702491209342.png

4) shrinkwrap tool with the "manual collection" option is great for quickly copying some context into your activated model from several sources in the parent assembly:

pausob_2-1702491873429.png

5) The "collapse tool" is useful for creating static context and making your models "stand-alone":

pausob_4-1702492206025.png

5) the search tool

I'm sure I missed a bunch - looking forward for seeing other suggestions.

mf2001_98
5-Regular Member

Hi,

in my experience Creo Interactive Surface Design (Style) is really one of the most powerful and effective functions in Creo.
In our company we use it not only for modeling vehicle aesthetic surfaces (we work in the motorcycle industry)
but also as a 3d Sketcher, creating chassis tube layout, electrical cable layout and cooling system tube layout.
That said, there is still great room for improvement that could bring Creo more in line with competitors like Autodesk Alias or Siemens NX.
For example:

- There is no stretch curve command (see Stretch tool in Alias).
- It is not possible to extend a curve or surface by extrapolating its shape
- Currently it is possible to extend a curve but a segment is added
- It is not possible to remove associativity between curves and surfaces (Delete construction history in Alias)
- A way to align the active construction plane with the current view plane would be useful

BFausto
6-Contributor

Ciao Michael,

I have used previous versions of PTC (R.18, Wildfire) the revolutionary command in the molds is "Remove Feature ". When preparing the pieces for the mold it is essential (remove and replace the round after draft feature).

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

My favorite feature is the little "X" in the far top right corner, it turns off the nightmare and I can then go home and relax...🤣

mashton-2
13-Aquamarine

Pattern tables

Groups

Simplified reps

Search

Top Tags