cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

component table

GA_3588145
1-Newbie

component table

I am using Creo Parametric Release 8.0 and Datecode8.0.4.0

Is it possible to change the amount of the component table, multiplying it by 2, without inserting 2 parts in the model tree?

2 REPLIES 2
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:GA_3588145)

Here is a great discussion on how I updated BOM's to have 1/2 part with 1 in the model tree. You can use the same logic to create a relation to make it "2". Just remember that it is then hard coded and will not update with qty changes except for where there are none.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/1-2-of-a-part/m-p/100428

Two methods I can think of:

(1) If the component is just being inserted and you don't want to actually see it, make a bulk part that has the same identifying properties and use that instead. With a bulk part you can set theBOM_REPORT_QUANTITY parameter to whatever number of the component you want.

(2) If you want to show one component in the assembly, but also want extra ones in the bill of material, like if you're including spare parts in the assembly, you can put in the one component, then add one bulk part to add whatever number of the same part you would like, without putting actual parts in assembly.

Top Tags