cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

how to copy a part?

pshepherdson
9-Granite

how to copy a part?

Hi all,

todays question: copying a part already in the assembly

remember, transitioning from Creo 3 to Creo 9..

I used to be able to select a part, then copy (CTRL+C) & paste (CRTL+V) it in the assembly..  I then  only need to pick the missing constraints for the new part..  (No need to go thru the whole 'browse for the desired part'..)

Now (Creo 9) While I can select the part, the copy function seem to only copy some surface..

What changed? Can this still be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:pshepherdson)

Select the constraints in the top box.  You can leave out any that will be the same in the new location.

Select Add.

Select new references.  Old references are highlighted for reference.

New part will populate and you can start placing another copy.

Select OK when done.

kdirth_0-1704916735962.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

correction, I can do it, but not from a part within a pattern..

Delete pattern, select part, place, then pattern..

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Select the part, use the repeat command.

thanks!

OK, found it..

I get the dialog box, but have no idea what to click or select to place said component..  I see the original part's constraints, but have no clue as to how to add the new constraints..  I have the add button, but doesn't seem to do anything.

(And another command that seem convoluted to use..)  

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Select the constraints in the top box.  You can leave out any that will be the same in the new location.

Select Add.

Select new references.  Old references are highlighted for reference.

New part will populate and you can start placing another copy.

Select OK when done.

kdirth_0-1704916735962.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.

yeah, I've been trying that, and it seems anything that is not the same orientation won't work.  So, I can 'repeat' a screw, but only into a hole that is on the same face as the original screw, (I can't add it to a face that is normal or in some other orientation..  Or even on another part.)

OK, I think I figured it out.   you need to hold the CRTL key as you select the new constraints, and select in the proper order..

StephenW
23-Emerald II

If you select the part and not just a surface, you can still up copy paste or paste special using the advance reference option.

thanks all, I think I got it!!

Top Tags