cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

is there any way to sort simple repeat region ?

MB_10357724
10-Marble

4 REPLIES 4

You can sort repeat regions. Check out this link:

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r9.0/usascii/index.html#page/detail/To_Add_a_Sorting_Parameter_to_a_Region.html 

Here's an example of sorting in one of our tables:

Tdaugherty_1-1694021733477.png

I want to sort the entire table row based on the flow rate -refer the attached image.

I have created table by 2D repeat region option and Simple  repeat region option. but im not able to use fix index or sort option to simple repeat region table.

and for 2D repeat region, sorting is happening individual column wise - sorting is not happening for the entire row.

@MB_10357724 wrote:

I want to sort the entire table row based on the flow rate -refer the attached image.

I have created table by 2D repeat region option and Simple  repeat region option. but im not able to use fix index or sort option to simple repeat region table.

and for 2D repeat region, sorting is happening individual column wise - sorting is not happening for the entire row.

Hi,

so ... you want to display the contents of family table in drawing in specific way.

simple repeat region

I would say you cannot use this solution because the table contains several independent repeat regions. If you sort one of them the others remains intact.

2D repeat region

I would say Sort command enables you to sort columns, only.

You can get requested solution only in case that you reorder instances in family table.

non-parametric solution

• open family table in Excel
  • select family table contents
  • CTRL+C
  • open another instance of Excel and copy select data into it
  • sort data
  • export data to csv file
  • import csv file as non-parametric table

Martin Hanák

Thank you, Martin for the response...

There is an option in the Family table to sort the rows by selecting the required column. Once you sorted and saved the family table and model, the family table row sequence will get freeze and it won't change back automatically to its original state. 

I tested this with my drawing repeat region table multiple times, and I don't see any issues, and everything was working fine. - refer attached image. 

Top Tags