cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

mapkey for system colors?

pdkoren
1-Newbie

mapkey for system colors?

Relatively new to Creo2, and trying to work thru some of the mapkey functionality I had back in WF4. I had mapkeys to quickly switch the system color scheme from "normal" to black background version or to a white background version. These were very useful in creating screen capturefor email and presentations. I have tried tomodify myWF4 ones, recording keyboard input,withno success. It seems that they get "lost/stopped"right after FILE-OPTIONS... never getting to load my .scl files. Is there a workaround? Or am I just missing something? Seems like there should be a way to do this...

thanks in advance...

Paul

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Paul,

Here is an example that does work:

mapkey scp @MAPKEY_NAMELoad PreCreo Colors;\
mapkey(continued) @MAPKEY_LABELLoad PreCreo Colors;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdOptEnvDlg` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `ribbon_options_dialog` `PageSwitcherPageList` 1 `colors_layouts`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `ribbon_options_dialog` `colors_layouts.Color_scheme_optMenu` \
mapkey(continued) 1 `Custom`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Update `ribbon_options_dialog` `colors_layouts.system_colors_file_inpt` \
mapkey(continued) `$PRO_STDS_DIR\configs\precreo.scl`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `ribbon_options_dialog` `colors_layouts.system_colors_file_inpt`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ FocusOut `ribbon_options_dialog` `colors_layouts.system_colors_file_inpt`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `ribbon_options_dialog` `OkPshBtn`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `UITools Msg Dialog Future` `no`;

It uses a system variable $PRO_STDS_DIR to point to the correct path.
E.G. set PRO_STDS_DIR=P:\PTC\Creo2

When replacing the variable with the full path make sure to add double backslashes:
E.G. mapkey(continued) `P:\PTC\Creo2\configs\precreo.scl`;\

Kind regards,

Olaf Corten

Olaf Corten
CAD/PLM Manager
Besi Netherlands B.V.
Ratio 6, Duiven
Phone: +31 26 3196215
Mobile: +31 644548554
www.besi.com

To: -
Date: 02-12-2013 13:56
Subject: [proecad] - mapkey for system colors?

Relatively new to Creo2, and trying to work thru some of the mapkey functionality I had back in WF4. I had mapkeys to quickly switch the system color scheme from "normal" to black background version or to a white background version. These were very useful in creating screen capture for email and presentations. I have tried to modify my WF4 ones, recording keyboard input, with no success. It seems that they get "lost/stopped" right after FILE-OPTIONS... never getting to load my .scl files. Is there a workaround? Or am I just missing something? Seems like there should be a way to do this...
thanks in advance...
Paul

Site Links: View post online View mailing list online Start new thread via email Unsubscribe from this mailing list Manage your subscription

Use of this email content is governed by the terms of service at:

Thanks Olaf... perfect answer. I now have working system color control. I wonder if there is a "simple" explanation of how you created this? When I look at what I had from my recorded attempt, it's close but there are quite a few additional lines... maybe I don't have a mapkey option set? Wasn't there a config option that made mapkeys "simplified"... hmmm...

any way, thanks again!

Based on years of experience 😉 I know what lines are important and what are not. (e.g. successive Open/Close lines can be deleted).
I normally don't record mapkeys but just do my thing and then take the lines from trail file to build my mapkeys, doing some cleanup along the way.
Takes some practice but keeps your mapkeys nice and tidy.

Kind regards,

Olaf Corten

Olaf Corten
CAD/PLM Manager
Besi Netherlands B.V.
Ratio 6, Duiven
Phone: +31 26 3196215
Mobile: +31 644548554
www.besi.com

To: -
Date: 02-12-2013 15:01
Subject: [proecad] - RE: mapkey for system colors?

Thanks Olaf... perfect answer. I now have working system color control. I wonder if there is a "simple" explanation of how you created this? When I look at what I had from my recorded attempt, it's close but there are quite a few additional lines... maybe I don't have a mapkey option set? Wasn't there a config option that made mapkeys "simplified"... hmmm...
any way, thanks again!

Site Links: View post online View mailing list online Start new thread via email Unsubscribe from this mailing list Manage your subscription

Use of this email content is governed by the terms of service at:
Top Tags