cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

pro e WF5 keyboard not available/disable

MC_2211490
1-Newbie

pro e WF5 keyboard not available/disable

I am using Pro E WF5 and the keyboard is not working.

Is there a shortcut that enable and disable keyboard in pro E?

13 REPLIES 13

Take a look some solution here - "Selection By Keyboard not available anymore in drawing mode since Pro/Engineer Wildfire 5": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS185600

Hello, MC_2211490 I also have the same problem with Creo1 M050, the keyboard doesn't work apart from "enter" and "backspace".

I occasionally use Creo1 to create normalizes for use with later versions of Creo.

Behavior that I also directly detected with the Creo1 installation setup.

On a virtual machine the keyboard behavior on setup is ok.

It more or less stopped working around the middle of January.

See above

My keyboard on my laptop has stopped working in Pro-E as well except for the del and enter key.  Nothing has been changed on the laptop either.  Worked fine before.

See my reply above

I'm having the same problem in ProE WF5.0 M070. It worked fine on a Windows 11 workstation until a few days ago, now only backspace and delete work. I can't enter any numbers or text in New Name field in Save a Copy, or dimension numbers in sketcher or extrude for example. The program is useless without. Tried the suggestion below but not related.

See my reply above.

OK guys... I have a work around.

(1) Go to Setting -> Time & Language -> Languages & Regions

(2) Click [Add Language] and select (Chinese, Simplified China) -- It doesn't matter if you don't understand Chinese.

(3) You should now have a language selection option on your Windows Toolbar ENG

(4) Click on ENG. Select 拼 Chinese (Simplied China) instead of ENG English (United States).

(5) Now your Tool bar should have  on it... click on and it'll turn into -- you'll see 英 拼 on your tool bar

(6) You are now in the English Input Mode of the Chinese input method. Everything you type will be in English just like normal.

(7) ProE/Creo WF5  will now work. You can enter file names and change dimensions.

(8) You can freely switch back to ENG English (United States) when you are not using ProE/Creo WF5.

(9) I know this is annoying. But until somebody fixes it in Windows this will get your projects done!

Trust me -- I tried undoing every windows update and every compatibility setting. Nothing else works.

Amazing, thanks much for the research and posting this solution. Annoying - yes, but it works!

Hi DL_11018004

the solution also works for me even with the Italian keyboard. Thank you.

I believe there is an incompatibility with the keyboard entry buffer from one of the recent updates. All these other keyboards work as separate apps if you will which automatically copies and pastes whatever you type into the text box, so they should all work. As a matter of fact, it works if you type in Word or Notepad or wherever else, then copy and paste into ProE/Creo WF5. Leave it to the idiots at Microsoft to break something as basic and as fundamental as text entry... sigh.

I too had used the copy paste text method, with a large monitor and Snap windows you can work well.

Thank you for your solution.  I just tried it and it works fine, finally can get back to working on projects.

Top Tags