cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Apply changes in one view window to another view window

al3
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Apply changes in one view window to another view window

I have a large and heavy assembly with a bunch of parts hidden in my PVZ view. I want to be able to open component parts in a new view and change colors and then propagate those changes to the window where i have my view with all the hidden components. If i isolate it in the main view with the hidden components and recolor (Trying to recolor individual surfaces, not entire part), I cannot get my view back with the hidden components easily.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:al3)

I'm not aware of a workflow where you can move a color applied object from one view and into another view.  What you could do is select the part in the main view with all colors applied...then transform it to an open area to apply the color to surface and then use the "restore" to original position in the transform menu.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:al3)

I'm not aware of a workflow where you can move a color applied object from one view and into another view.  What you could do is select the part in the main view with all colors applied...then transform it to an open area to apply the color to surface and then use the "restore" to original position in the transform menu.

al3
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:BillRyan)

This seems to be the best option. I was overthinking this lol. Appreciate the idea.

Top Tags