cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Can I update a PVZ file with new engineering changes in creo view?

FM_10474863
5-Regular Member

Can I update a PVZ file with new engineering changes in creo view?

So I have marked up a model with annotations and notes. 

The engineering has recently updated from rev A to Rev B.   Is there a way for Creo View to update the engineering while still keeping the annotations and groups of the previous version.

Or is there a compare function I could do that would compare part numbers vs the location and have another PVZ of the changes B had to tack on to Rev A?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:FM_10474863)

"copy forward" is the functionality you are looking for to bring the annotation forward as the model iterates/revises.   Manually manage it as shown in image below.  I don't know if you can compare a model with markups...

2022-10-31 14_26_29-Assembly - jt_applications-assembly.asm, A.32 and 3 more pages - Work - Microsof.png

FM_10474863
5-Regular Member
(To:BillRyan)

So I have to release It to windchill and that function actually happens through windchill then and not in Creo view itself?

Thanks for your reply 🙂

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:FM_10474863)

What is your process for Creating the PVZ file at Rev A and for Rev B?  We use Windchill publishers to create all Creo View content.

Top Tags