cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Can you load .RSDT templates into the catalog to be used for new sheets? (Schematics 9)

BH_10819117
3-Visitor

Can you load .RSDT templates into the catalog to be used for new sheets? (Schematics 9)

When adding a new sheet to a schematic I am prompted to select a template from the Design Templates section of the Catalog Explorer. I am currently trying to see if there is a way to load my .RSDT template that I use when I initially create a schematic into this part of the catalog, since having to edit my main design template and the template for additional sheets is cumbersome. As of right now it seems like you have to manually create and edit new sheet templates in the Creo Schematics catalog, similar to editing artifact's, and there is no option to import or load a template from an existing .RSDT file. I have looked through my central catalog in file explorer and it does not look like there is a file or folder designated for design templates.

Prompt to select a template when adding a new sheet to an existing schematic:

BH_10819117_0-1697211070353.png

Prompt to select a template when creating a new schematic:

BH_10819117_1-1697211140817.png

Is there a way to load new templates into the design template section of the catalog? Or does editing these templates need to be done manually?

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags