cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo Illustrate (10.1), 2D symbol keeps changing depending on the model/side zoom

Ramon_Bohne
11-Garnet

Creo Illustrate (10.1), 2D symbol keeps changing depending on the model/side zoom

Hello community,

I have a problem with the 2D symbols.

Why do the 2D symbols on a predefined 3D page change their size when I zoom the model? This should not happen because the size of a symbol usually refers to the page size and not to the model size.

I currently have the problem that I would like to show a floor. Since there are no auxiliary tools (?!), I have created the floor as a 2D symbol.

Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to create a uniform representation of the floor because the size of the 2D floor keeps changing depending on the model zoom or the side zoom (where the model is also zoomed). This also applies to all other 2D symbols.

Is this possibly due to the fact that the dpi for a 3D page cannot be preset, but is only selected when the image is exported?

Does anyone have any idea how I could create a floor differently?

I also have the problem that the inserted floor symbol creates a border. Why is that?

To the attached pictures:

Fig1: Representation of the floor as I would like it.
Fig2: Creation of the floor in Paint (bmp) with white area and black lines.
Fig3: Inserted floor symbol with border.
Fig4: Selection of the bottom symbol at 100% page zoom.
Fig5: Size of the floor symbol after insertion (large).
Fig6: Selection of the bottom symbol at 292% page zoom.
Fig7: Size of the floor symbol after insertion (small).

The whole Symbols tool is a great start, but PTC (?) still has a lot of work to do here. This is at best a rudimentary state that just covers the basic functionality. And the online documentation is also quite meager. Or am I mistaken?

Who has any answers?

Thanks and best regards
Ramon

1 REPLY 1
TomM
12-Amethyst
(To:Ramon_Bohne)

Hi,

I am afraid 2d symbols are just .png and 3d symbols just .ol files. They don't change the size when you zoom in/out - the 3d geometry doesn't either. You just change the field of view and those objects suspended in the 3d space appear bigger or smaller and so does the space between them. You can only change the size of 3d symbols by scaling them in their properties and 2d symbols by dragging the handles, otherwise treat them as 3d objects suspended in the space.

It's trickier with 2d symbols because you can't place them exactly in the right place and position + if the "always face the user" is ticked there's another hard to account for behaviour. 

Sadly I don't think there's a neat way to handle 2d symbols as of now, just place them at the end of the work on the figure. Check out the "ideas" section of the community.

You can also create the floor representation in some CAD software, then import it to Creo, save it as .pvz and add it as a 3d symbol to your c3di file. Then it's easier to handle and maintain.

Top Tags