cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo View Express 10 Installation File does not work

Meike
4-Participant

Creo View Express 10 Installation File does not work

I've downloaded Creo View Express 10 more than three times from

https://www.ptc.com/en/products/creo/creo-view/extension-express-download

Unfortunately, the installation could never be started.
I always get the message "This installation package could not be opened. Have the application manufacturer check whether this is a valid Windows Installer package."

I use Windows 10 Professional

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kajohnson
14-Alexandrite
(To:Meike)

You can resolve the issue by renaming the executable from  .msi to .exe . I will have the download page updated as well.  When we renamed the file extension, the installation proceeded correctly.

Thank you for your patience with us. 

Kathy

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
kajohnson
14-Alexandrite

It seems that the MSI had been modified. We expect to have the Creo View Express for 10.1 posted there by the end of the day.  Stay Tuned.

Kathy

kajohnson
14-Alexandrite
(To:kajohnson)

The Creo View Express for 10.1 is there now and we have added the Checksum for it so that you can always confirm you have the correct file. That should help going forward.

Thanks for letting us know!

kathy

Meike
4-Participant

I'm so sorry, but it doesn't work.

Checksum ist the same but Microsoft says that it is an incompatible program.

kajohnson
14-Alexandrite

You can resolve the issue by renaming the executable from  .msi to .exe . I will have the download page updated as well.  When we renamed the file extension, the installation proceeded correctly.

Thank you for your patience with us. 

Kathy

Meike
4-Participant

Rename to *.exe is the solution, thank you.
Note for you: The help text "Download *.exe" is now displayed on the page, but the *.msi file is still downloaded.

kajohnson
14-Alexandrite

The Creo View Express download page will now download the executable with the correct file extension. Problem solved 🙂

Thanks for letting us know!

Top Tags