cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Unable to perform search functions in Creo Illustrate 10

feliciabartoli
4-Participant

Unable to perform search functions in Creo Illustrate 10

I just upgraded to Creo Illustrate 10 and I'm having a hard time searching for parts. Anytime I try to do Ctrl + F to find a part nothing happens! I tried adding the Find Function to my quick access toolbar and its totally greyed out. Any ideas what I could do to fix it?

4 REPLIES 4

The find has moved to the bottom of the sBOM/eBOM panels in 10.0 and as such is always available.

New find location.png  Find options.png

For more details see: New Combined Filter & Find for sBOM/eBOM (ptc.com)

We are looking into hooking Ctrl+F up to switch focus to the Find/Filter input box in a feature release.

Let us know what you think of the new Find/Filter capabilities.

That seems confusing. It makes no sense to have the find feature be added to the quick access toolbar if its already in place in the UI. But please keep me posted on that future release with CTRl +F, it really messes up me up knowing my usual shortcuts dont work.

Personally, I am not a fan of its location. I liked having the ability to move the box wherever I need it to be as I am often working with two screens. The lower left corner location is clunky for me as I am a right handed user. Is there a way to change the location? Or change it back to its popout version?

Thank you for the feedback, it is always good to get comments on relatively new features good or bad. 😊

Currently there is no way to change the location of the find/filter but we will bear your comments in mind for any future enhancements in this area.

Hello, I'm a coworker of the OP and fairly heavy user of Illustrate. Regardless of your efforts to improve what to me was a perfectly good search function, searching using Illustrate 10 is now broken. You still show an option to relocate the 'search' feature in the GUI, but that does not work. One of the most common Windows application hot-keys of the last three decades (behind ctrl/C and ctrl/V) is 'find' - ctrl/F. Ctrl/F USED TO WORK in previous versions of Illustrate. Now is does not. This is a bug and it needs to be fixed ASAP.

TLL

Top Tags