cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Viewing normal to a surface command in Creo View

SR_10832839
3-Visitor

Viewing normal to a surface command in Creo View

I am new to Creo View and after having been used to Solidworks, I could easily view an object perpendicular to itself by using a 'View Normal' command. It could be any face such as a bolt head, a square etc. But in creo view, I am finding it difficult to view objects normally and hence I am not able to view their alignment properly as I cant find the 'View Normal' option. Can anyone please help me with this. It is very difficult rather impossible to manually orient it to view it normally. Shift +N is used in Creo Parametric but what to do to "View Normally "in Creo View.
Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi SR_10832839,

Welcome to the PTC Community!

Thank you for your question. 

I’d like to recommend to bring more details and context to your initial inquiry. 

It also helps to have screenshot(s) to better understand what you are trying to do in your process. 

This will increase your chances to receive meaningful help from other Community members. 

Regards,

Anurag

TomM
12-Amethyst
(To:anursingh)

@anursingh I usually do not quarrel but what's hard to understand in OP's question? It's perfectly clear what they mean. 

@SR_10832839 

A quick google results with this. And it's pretty much the answer. I've got Creo View Lite and Express (9.1) but I'm fairly sure none of this software's versions have the, one would think mandatory, tool. If models are properly designed you can usually view most of the normal planes using "Orientation" tool. You can also create a custom view (expand the drop down or click "u" shortcut) if you know the angles but it's so cumbersome I doubt anyone uses it.

I'm sure many would appreciate if PTC added "view normal" tool to Creo View as well as the usual sectioning capabilities cause those included are purposefully dumbed down (you can't choose the cutting plane orientation by choosing a face).

Top Tags