cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Animation

BO_10882339
4-Participant

Animation

BO_10882339_0-1702457845237.png

I wanted to create an animation of my robotic hand. The first step is to save the mechanism playback file so I can import into the animation menu. My problem is to I don't know how to create a reciprocating motion, where the robotic finger begins in a straight position, bends, and then returns to its original straight position. I need to know how to reverse the motion for my robotic hand in mechanism playback. I can only make the motion from the straight position and bend without returning to the initial straight position (reciprocating). My idea is to make a separate servo motor and analysis for bending motion and make another one for back straight motion so I can import this 2 mechanisms playback to my animation so it will looks like "reciprocating motion".. However, I am not sure if this will work and believe it to be  complicated. Is there a more efficient way to produce reverse/reciprocating results?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@BO_10882339 wrote:

I wanted to create an animation of my robotic hand. The first step is to save the mechanism playback file so I can import into the animation menu. My problem is to I don't know how to create a reciprocating motion, where the robotic finger begins in a straight position, bends, and then returns to its original straight position. I need to know how to reverse the motion for my robotic hand in mechanism playback. I can only make the motion from the straight position and bend without returning to the initial straight position (reciprocating). My idea is to make usps tracking a separate servo motor and analysis for bending motion and make another one for back straight motion so I can import this 2 mechanisms playback to my animation so it will looks like "reciprocating motion".. However, I am not sure if this will work and believe it to be  complicated. Is there a more efficient way to produce reverse/reciprocating results? 

usps tracking 

Though I have limited informations but i can suggest to the following steps for creating reciprocating motion for your robotic hand. 

Creating a reciprocating motion for your robotic hand animation can be achieved without resorting to separate servo motors and analyses for bending and straightening motions. Here's a more efficient approach:

1. Define a Single Mechanism for Reciprocating Motion: In your mechanism playback software, design a single mechanism that represents the full motion of your robotic hand from the straight position to the bent position and back to the straight position. This mechanism should encompass both the bending and straightening motions.

2. Use Keyframes or Time-based Control: Most animation software allows you to set keyframes or define motion over time. Instead of relying solely on the mechanism playback file, you can import the motion into your animation software and manipulate it further. You can create keyframes at the start, middle, and end of the motion to ensure it moves smoothly from straight to bent and back again.

3. Reverse Playback or Animation: Once you have the motion captured in your animation software, you can simply reverse the playback or animation to achieve the reciprocating effect. This is often a built-in feature of animation software and can be done with just a few clicks.

4. Adjust Timing and Ease: Fine-tune the timing and easing of the animation to make it look more natural. You may need to adjust the speed at which the hand moves between positions to achieve the desired effect.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@BO_10882339 wrote:

I wanted to create an animation of my robotic hand. The first step is to save the mechanism playback file so I can import into the animation menu. My problem is to I don't know how to create a reciprocating motion, where the robotic finger begins in a straight position, bends, and then returns to its original straight position. I need to know how to reverse the motion for my robotic hand in mechanism playback. I can only make the motion from the straight position and bend without returning to the initial straight position (reciprocating). My idea is to make usps tracking a separate servo motor and analysis for bending motion and make another one for back straight motion so I can import this 2 mechanisms playback to my animation so it will looks like "reciprocating motion".. However, I am not sure if this will work and believe it to be  complicated. Is there a more efficient way to produce reverse/reciprocating results? 

usps tracking 

Though I have limited informations but i can suggest to the following steps for creating reciprocating motion for your robotic hand. 

Creating a reciprocating motion for your robotic hand animation can be achieved without resorting to separate servo motors and analyses for bending and straightening motions. Here's a more efficient approach:

1. Define a Single Mechanism for Reciprocating Motion: In your mechanism playback software, design a single mechanism that represents the full motion of your robotic hand from the straight position to the bent position and back to the straight position. This mechanism should encompass both the bending and straightening motions.

2. Use Keyframes or Time-based Control: Most animation software allows you to set keyframes or define motion over time. Instead of relying solely on the mechanism playback file, you can import the motion into your animation software and manipulate it further. You can create keyframes at the start, middle, and end of the motion to ensure it moves smoothly from straight to bent and back again.

3. Reverse Playback or Animation: Once you have the motion captured in your animation software, you can simply reverse the playback or animation to achieve the reciprocating effect. This is often a built-in feature of animation software and can be done with just a few clicks.

4. Adjust Timing and Ease: Fine-tune the timing and easing of the animation to make it look more natural. You may need to adjust the speed at which the hand moves between positions to achieve the desired effect.

Top Tags