cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Arbortext Publishing Engine - Accessing Activation files from network share

MG_7500376
3-Visitor

Arbortext Publishing Engine - Accessing Activation files from network share

As per the original post

Hi Gareth / Vignesh , how did you modify coding related to File object with Perl ? I am facing the similar problem , even not working with mapped drive, but works when files are in C: drive

4 REPLIES 4

I think what Vignesh did is to use Perl to access the files, instead of Javascript.

Thanks a lot Gareth, i am not sure what it means, my issue is when topic files are in C: drive and when I publish pdf the bookmap, I can get the reference text generated but when I have the topic files located in mapped drive, reference text don't get generated. attached is the example.

OK, understood, but that is a different issue to this original posting here. If a mapped network drive doesn't fix things, then I would suggest you might need to open a PTC Support case. Unless someone else has a good idea!

Another thing to check is to make sure your file references are relative, and don't include hard-coded paths to C: drive locations. Your href attribute on the xref element should not contain C:\... path information in it. If it does, that would explain why it works on the C: drive but not when you move the files to a different location.

Top Tags