cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Hi All! ArborText 'markit' issue...

ptc-4610486
1-Newbie

Hi All! ArborText 'markit' issue...

Hello all! I just found this site, thanks to SSS.

We're trying to work through our ArborText install issues, and the latest is pasted below. Any advice?

<<<<

Dtgen.exe Parser Error:

While parsing file C:\Program Files (x86)\Mekon\Eclipse Create iSpec2200 for Epic\doctypes\cmm\cmm3\cmm3.dtd:

Cannot find file called markitx. Is it in the currently active directory

(err:1 line:73 pos:4450)

Compile failed - rc=32

>>>>

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fellow AT users: This issue has been resolved. AT is still not fully operational, but we no longer receive the markitx error.

The problem was an issue with permissions in the default folder where the shortcut to start AT is located: 'C:\Users\Public\Desktop'

I am a user on a network and do not have full rights to my system. AT creates, uses, and then deletes the temporary 'markitx' file while parsing a DTD. Since I do not have rights to that folder, AT could not create, or read, the file.

Solution: Our IT guy copied the icons from the public desktop to 'c:\users\mangel\desktop' and then I changed the properties of the new desktop shortcuts for the 'Start in:' field to 'c:\users\mangel\desktop'.

We have run into several permissions issues along the install path, but this was the most frustrating to date due to not being able to find the 'markitx' file anywhere since it is a temp file.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pnagai
4-Participant
(To:ptc-4610486)

Hi Matt,

I have NO clue on this one.

Your best bet, if you haven't solved this or moved on already, is to join the Adepters mailing list where lots and lots of Arbortext users, admins, and developers hang out 24/7/366 (it is a leap year, you know!). Information on joining that list (as well as pointers to lots of other Arbortext resources) can be found here:

http://blog.single-sourcing.com/top-arbortext-resources

See also:

http://www.single-sourcing.com/company/social.html

Good luck!

Fellow AT users: This issue has been resolved. AT is still not fully operational, but we no longer receive the markitx error.

The problem was an issue with permissions in the default folder where the shortcut to start AT is located: 'C:\Users\Public\Desktop'

I am a user on a network and do not have full rights to my system. AT creates, uses, and then deletes the temporary 'markitx' file while parsing a DTD. Since I do not have rights to that folder, AT could not create, or read, the file.

Solution: Our IT guy copied the icons from the public desktop to 'c:\users\mangel\desktop' and then I changed the properties of the new desktop shortcuts for the 'Start in:' field to 'c:\users\mangel\desktop'.

We have run into several permissions issues along the install path, but this was the most frustrating to date due to not being able to find the 'markitx' file anywhere since it is a temp file.

Cheers!

Top Tags