cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Need a larger thread than listed in WF4

ptc-4638927
1-Newbie

Need a larger thread than listed in WF4

Hello Everyone,

I need a UNC thread no listed in the drop down for threaded holes. I have browsed through several searches on the subject, found the UNC.HOL file, opened it as text - but that's as far as i've gotten. Can I add to it? If so, what do I have to open it with in order for it to appear correctly (right now it's just a seeminly endless string of text)?

Thanks

MAC

1 REPLY 1

Hi Matt...

The best course of action is to COPY one of the hole files included in the Creo or Pro/E loadpoint. Documentation suggests you can't edit the ones that come with Pro/E but that seems odd to me. I know you can create your own custom hole charts that include the sizes you need. That's what we've done for our people. I'd edit them with the PROTAB editor included with Wildfire 4. Other people have edited them with Excel. The file is "space delimited" but if you open one, clearly you see it's organized into columns. The protab editor opens the file into columns which I find easier to use. It should be someplace like...<Pro/E loadpoint>xe86_win64/obj/protab.exe (but that's for a Windows XP 64 bit workstation so this might vary).

I haven't edited a hole file in quite awhile so double check what I'm saying here. I know you need to point to the new file location using the config.pro setting hole_parameter_file_path. If I've missed something please let me know.

There's also an option you can use in the config.pro called hole_diameter_override which allows you to change the default diameters given in the hole files. Otherwise with this option turned off, you're locked into the values provided in the tables.

Thanks!

-Brian

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags