Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track Changes for Creo Drawings and Models

Track Changes for Creo Drawings and Models

Similar to track changes in Microsoft word. I realize there is a difference report. There is also a compare to picture. These are close, but not what I want.

I want a report that highlights lines and words that have changed between 2 models or drawings. In the case of drawings I want it to compensate for the fact that views might have shifted a little bit. IE if I add a hole to something and move the view it shouldn't highlight the whole view, just the lines that represent the new hole feature. It should output 2 drawings with highlighted lines and words. The original and the new. The original would highlight lines and words that are no longer in the new and the new would highlight lines and words that are new.

This report should be able to be saved as a PDF. Even better it would be great to be able to have a PDMLink publisher run this report at each check in or on demand to compare 2 different versions or iterations of a drawing.

3 Comments
slapha
15-Moonstone

There are compare models and compare drawing tools, though in Creo they are a bit labor intensive to use with Windchill workspaces. Creo view is better in some cases. Though a true intelligent track changes would be amazing. Text to text. Feature to feature.

One work around we've had to do is have a HPGL recipe file, even though our Windchill publisher uses PDFs. This way users can manually export out a simple line drawing to compare to other line drawings. It is just a line highlight but it's better than nothing. And if a view shifts you're still out of luck.

manjunathrv
17-Peridot

We use Creo View to overlay 2 drawings and compare the changes that is highlighted in different colors.

This is useful when there is revision to the drawing with a comparatively small change in the model, and to make sure there nothing else that has changed other than the intended change.

Hugo-KTM
10-Marble

We use mapkeys around the "save as picture (.pic)" and "compare sheet to picture" functionality in Creo to overlay/compare drawings.