cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Startup files setup

LŠ_10790271
8-Gravel

Startup files setup

Hello,

I have a question about a startup files. If I would like to setup two startup files for parts and two for assemblies, let's say one for general design and one for tooling, each would have it's own set of parameters, which I would then call into assemblies and then further onto drawings. Now when I copy one from the other, and try to change the parameters on one, they also change on the other, why is that? How could I separate these startparts so they are completely standalone? 

I am using Creo 9.0.5.0 and am connected to Windchill release 12.1.2.5.

For any info, thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@LŠ_10790271 wrote:

Hello,

I apologize for unclarity, what I meant was the tree columns will not be displayed independently from each other. Example: If I change tree columns in startpart_A to match the parameters that startpart_A has, tree columns also change in startpart_B, so I end up with the same tree columns in both, but I don't want that. Parameters themselves stay like they were, written in each startpart differently, so that is correct. Is there maybe a problem because path in config file points to a single startpart?

Thank you.

Hi,

AFAIK model tree configuration is related to mode (Part, Assembly). This means Creo does not change columns displayed in model tree when you switch between your startpart_A and startpart_B. Maybe it is possible to create mapkey which hides startpart_A columns and display startpart_B columns (and vice versa).

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Be sure you only have 1 of the start templates loaded in memory when you make the changes.

Create the first start template.

Check it in to Windchill.

Copy the template by doing a Save As.

Close and erase all files from memory.

Open the second template and make your changes.

Check in the second template.

I will try it, thank you very much.

Sadly this has still not worked for me, they are still changing one another.

RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:LŠ_10790271)

Depends on your needs, but it is not required to have Templates saved in Windchill. 

I know, but for convenience sake, they will be put on Windchill. Thanks.

Hi,

I do not understand following sentence:

Now when I copy one from the other, and try to change the parameters on one, they also change on the other, why is that?

Martin Hanák

Hello,

I apologize for unclarity, what I meant was the tree columns will not be displayed independently from each other. Example: If I change tree columns in startpart_A to match the parameters that startpart_A has, tree columns also change in startpart_B, so I end up with the same tree columns in both, but I don't want that. Parameters themselves stay like they were, written in each startpart differently, so that is correct. Is there maybe a problem because path in config file points to a single startpart?

Thank you.

@LŠ_10790271 wrote:

Hello,

Thank you.

Hi,

AFAIK model tree configuration is related to mode (Part, Assembly). This means Creo does not change columns displayed in model tree when you switch between your startpart_A and startpart_B. Maybe it is possible to create mapkey which hides startpart_A columns and display startpart_B columns (and vice versa).

Martin Hanák

I'll look into it.

Thank you.

Tree columns are saved in UI customization file not the start parts. There used to be a tree cfg file. I can still import a tree cfg in Creo 7. I used that import to swap UI tree columns display. Would be easy to mapkey that I think... Could do an advanced mapkey and make one that toggles which tree column cfg is loaded. 

True, but I don't find this the optimal solution, better to than just have all the column displays always on, and users fill what needs to be filled, in my opnion.

Screenshot 2023-11-15 112724.png

To have them on all the time you can load them via the tree.cfg at launch or use the admin ui setup file that loads for everyone. I have not used the admin ui file but its there. I use the tree.cfg and have the config.pro set to read it in on launch. I display all tree columns I use all the time. 

I don't think you even need to bother with ui setup, you just have them applied in startpart and they will always be avaliable, I think.

Top Tags