cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Can Kepware device tags in thingworks be scanned at different rate and logged at different rate?

SriH
8-Gravel

Can Kepware device tags in thingworks be scanned at different rate and logged at different rate?

Hi,

Can Kepware connected tags in thingworx be scanned at one rate and be logged(in Value Streams) at different rates. For example, let say a tag OilTemp is set with scan rate of 3 secs and the logging option is checked. Not the data is displayed on a mashup and changes every 3 secs and gets logged simultaneously.

But instead of logging every 3sec, I want the data to be logged at every 1 min. ie. I want the displayed value to be changed every 3secs and wants that data to be logged with 1mins interval in valuestreams.

Can it be achieved?

Regards 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:SriH)

That will cause some weird interference, because the scan rate is not actually set at the ThingWorx side but Kepware side, so the two bindings will interfere and I'm not sure which one would win or if it would just break.

You could use Advanced tags to duplicate tag values or the OPC aggregator and in that way achieve duplicate tags that could work with different scan rates.

Not sure what approach would be more efficient for you, the one I suggested or trying to go duplicate tags, which also means double the number of properties.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

You would have to do that with a regular stream and a subscription.

Subscription either to a timer or based on a timestamp and vtq of property that is updating.

SriH
8-Gravel
(To:PaiChung)

Hi PaiChung,

What if I bind a single kepware tag to two different thingworx properties. One with a scan rate of 3sec(Not logged) and the other with scan rate of 1min(logged), and use one for displaying and the other for logging data.
Will this be a good setup work, or does it hamper the performance is some way?

Thanks

SriH

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

That will cause some weird interference, because the scan rate is not actually set at the ThingWorx side but Kepware side, so the two bindings will interfere and I'm not sure which one would win or if it would just break.

You could use Advanced tags to duplicate tag values or the OPC aggregator and in that way achieve duplicate tags that could work with different scan rates.

Not sure what approach would be more efficient for you, the one I suggested or trying to go duplicate tags, which also means double the number of properties.

Top Tags