cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Getting warnings using MQTT Client in KepserverEX 6.12 connected to EMQX 4.4.1 broker $SYS Topic

RonHel
5-Regular Member

Getting warnings using MQTT Client in KepserverEX 6.12 connected to EMQX 4.4.1 broker $SYS Topic

Hi all

i am getting these warning every 30second when connected to broker in $SYS/ Topic

2023-08-15 13:59:16 Warning MQTT Client Unexpected token found while looking for the end of the MQTT payload. | Channel = 'MQTT_****LAB01', Topic = '$SYS/brokers/emqx@****lab01/version', Line = 1, Col = 2.

Values are ok

RH_9464494_0-1692102226858.png

Is there a way to use $SYS Topics and avoid these warnings

"Normal" Topics seems to work without warnings.

//Ronnie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@RH_9464494,

Using wild cards as the first character in a topic does not generate topics that start with ‘$’. This standard MQTT behavior is described in the specification. To get data from ‘$SYS’, set the topic to ‘$SYS/#’. Please take a look at the page in the manual in the following link that covers this: https://www.ptc.com/store/-/media/kepware-store/en/manuals/mqtt-client-manual.pdf#page=12

Thanks,

*Chris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@RH_9464494,

Using wild cards as the first character in a topic does not generate topics that start with ‘$’. This standard MQTT behavior is described in the specification. To get data from ‘$SYS’, set the topic to ‘$SYS/#’. Please take a look at the page in the manual in the following link that covers this: https://www.ptc.com/store/-/media/kepware-store/en/manuals/mqtt-client-manual.pdf#page=12

Thanks,

*Chris

RonHel
5-Regular Member
(To:cmorehead)

Thank you for answer! It was however already set as suggested ‘$SYS/#’

I might miss something here! 

Here is my configuration.

Device/Tag Generation/Topic= $SYS/#

Tag Address = $SYS/brokers/emqx@lab01/version#Payload

Still getting warnings

I have done some other tests to a mosquitto broker and then it works without any warnings.

Thanks, Ronnie

Top Tags