cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to trigger datalogger on leading edge of bit

BP_8774659
3-Visitor

How to trigger datalogger on leading edge of bit

How do I setup a trigger so that the Datalogger only log data when the trigger bit goes High, or low, but not both?  I'm getting double data because it triggers on change not rising or falling.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Greetings,

You can set the triggered conditions as triggered-based and then set the condition type according to the data type. If the item ID has the data type Boolean, you can set it as OPC False or OPC True, but if you do have any other data type, you can set the condition as greater than or less than a specific value

MRohilla_0-1706633077928.png

if you need any more help related to this you can submit a ticket and share the Case no. we can connect to dig more into this.

Regards,
Mohit

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Greetings,

You can set the triggered conditions as triggered-based and then set the condition type according to the data type. If the item ID has the data type Boolean, you can set it as OPC False or OPC True, but if you do have any other data type, you can set the condition as greater than or less than a specific value

MRohilla_0-1706633077928.png

if you need any more help related to this you can submit a ticket and share the Case no. we can connect to dig more into this.

Regards,
Mohit

Talk about timing.  I had figured that one out just about 2 hours before I saw your response.  I do appreciate that you took the time to help me out though.  The fact that we both came up with the same idea gives me confidence that it must be a useful solution.

It is working in actual use so that's even more proof.

Greetings,

Does this Post answer your question? For the benefit of other Community Members who may have the same question, it would be great if you could designate it as the Accepted Solution.

In the event that this response does not answer your question, please post your current status so that we can continue to support.

Thanks for using the PTC Community!

Regards,

Mohity

I did mark it as the solution.

Top Tags