cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

KepServerEx 6 1756-L74 ControlLogix 5570 and EWEB/A

CS_10689252
3-Visitor

KepServerEx 6 1756-L74 ControlLogix 5570 and EWEB/A

Hello everyone.

I need add some new tags to our current server (we are using KepServerEX6.13.250.0 with ControlLogix Ethernet channel to transfer data from CompactLogix 5300)

But the new PLC is a 1756-L74 ControlLogix 5570 Firmware 28.11 with the next backplane configuration:

+ ----+--------------------------+

| Slot |                 Module             |

|  [0]  | 1756-L74/B LOGIX5574 |

|  [1]   | 1756-EN2TR/C                |

|  [2]  | 1756-EWEB                       |

+---- +---------------------------+

Checking the Manual of driver the PLC is supported by different communications methods.

CS_10689252_0-1706636024642.png

I added the device using the IP address of the third slot (1756-EWEB) with the ID <aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd>,0,0

but when I tried to generate the tags the KepServerEx shown:

-Warning Allen-Bradley ControlLogix Ethernet Channel1.Device1 | Unable to retrieve the identity for device. All tags will use Symbolic Protocol. | CIP error = 0X1, Extended error = 0X311.

-Error Allen-Bradley ControlLogix Ethernet Channel1.Device1 | Database error. Error occurred during forward open request. | CIP error = 0X1, Extended error = 0X311.

-Warning KEPServerEX\Runtime Unable to generate a tag database for device 'Channel1.Device1': Errors occurred retrieving controller project.

I checked the manual but doesn't show any information about a special configuration when you want to use a 1756-EWEB module.

I know something in the configuration is missing but I am not sure what is.

anyone tried to use this module? I am looking information in internet but without luck.

Thanks in advance for your support.

*******UPDATE*******

The issue was ID 

Incorrect --> <aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd>,0,0

Correct   --> <aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd>,1,0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@CS_10689252 

The error received is typically an indication of an ID mismatch (may need to check the IP Address). 

If the issue persists, I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware team. You may need to provide a RSwho screen shot of the architecture. Here is a link to the login page where a support ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@CS_10689252 

The error received is typically an indication of an ID mismatch (may need to check the IP Address). 

If the issue persists, I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware team. You may need to provide a RSwho screen shot of the architecture. Here is a link to the login page where a support ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags