cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Kepserver 6.8 UA Server certificate loading error

MT_8947623
3-Visitor

Kepserver 6.8 UA Server certificate loading error

Hello, is there a way to disable the certificate verification on startup for Kepserver 6.8 so that I will not get error message like this "The UA Server certificate is expired. Please use the OPC UA Configuration Manager to reissue ... "

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Greetings!

No, the certificate must be imported using the related GUI workflow.

Regards,

Mohit

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Article - "The UA Server Certificate has expired. Please use the OPC UA Configuration Manager to reissue the certificate in PTC Kepware Products": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS387585

Thanks.

Is there a way to do those steps programmatically ? Is there API to read the UA Server certificate expiration date ?

Greetings!!

In the Windows product, no not currently. The end user can of course programmatically generate their own self-signed certificate using OpenSSL outside of Kepware but a couple of things:
1- if they want to use Kepware to generate their self-signed certificate, they must do this via the GUI in the Windows product currently.
2- if they decide to generate their self-signed certificate outside of Kepware, then they still need to use the Kepware GUI to import the new certificate.

Regards,

Mohit

2- if they decide to generate their self-signed certificate outside of Kepware, then they still need to use the Kepware GUI to import the new certificate.

--> If I generate the self-signed certificate using OpenSSL, can I just copy that certificate to the path that Kepware stores them ?

Greetings!

No, the certificate must be imported using the related GUI workflow.

Regards,

Mohit

Greetings,

Since your question has been answered I have marked the appropriate response as the solution to your post. If you disagree with my choice please let me know. 

Regards,

Mohit

Top Tags