cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

LinkMaster and Redundancy Master Replacements

CS_8764399
2-Guest

LinkMaster and Redundancy Master Replacements

I have two servers running KepServerEX, LinkMaster and Redundancy Master. They are a redundant pair to ensure uptime.  I am looking to upgrade these server's to a new OS (Windows 2019 Server Datacenter). I know Redundancy Master does not work properly on anything past Windows 2016. 

I am looking for options to replacing the functionality of these obsolete software packages. I am trying to avoid different vendors if at all possible.  I specifically need the ability to write data from one PLC in the mill to another. Most of these are between ControlLogix Processors and I need to be able to get data into specific programs, which LinkMaster does easily. 

I use Redundancy Master to mirror DCS connectivity servers for KepServerEX and LinkMaster, so that if we have to take down one server in the pair, the OPC data can continue to be provided. The nice thing about Redundancy Master is that it is seamless to the other applications. 

I have looked though these message boards and haven't seen anything to even point me in a direction. I have also started a case with PTC to see how they respond. 

Any assistance is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

@CS_8764399 

Both , LinkMaster(LM) and RedundancyMaster(RM) have been confirmed to run in both a Windows 2016 and Windows 2019 environment. The issue the majority of users run into with these newer Operating Systems is Microsoft's increased security around OPC DA remote connections also known as DCOM. Here is a link to Kepware' s knowledge base article on the changes that need to be made to work with the increased security:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS350729

The supported Operating Systems listed in both LM and RM manuals are the ones Kepware have tested against and there are no current plans for additional R&D on the two products. If you would like to see some potential additional work on these products; please fill out an enhancement request as outlined in the following link:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS295047

Thanks,

*Chris

@CS_8764399 

Are you able to click on the green "Accept as Solution" button so other community members can benefit from your inquiry.  

Thanks,

*Chris 

Top Tags