cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Logging Data to Non-dbo Schema Table Using Data Logger

JR_9954611
4-Participant

Logging Data to Non-dbo Schema Table Using Data Logger

Hello,

I am currently using KepwareEx in conjunction with the DataLogger plugin for recording data from PLCs and CheckWeighers. The process works seamlessly when I log the data to dbo.FrequentReading. However, I'm experiencing issues when trying to log data to Kepware.FrequentReading (Kepware schema instead of dbo schema).

Despite setting the default database and schema to Kepware for the user connection, the problem persists. Interestingly, Kepware does recognize the table and allows me to select it, but fails when attempting to write to it.

Furthermore, when I try to set the table definition to Kepware.FrequentReading, I receive an error message stating that the table doesn't exist.

We make heavy use of schemas within our databases, so it would suck to have to use dbo for the datalogger tables. 

I'd appreciate any advice or solutions to this problem.

JR_9954611_0-1687474104702.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@JR_9954611 

The Datalogger Plugin will only log to tables that are in the user's default schema. Please feel free to log an enhancement request to potentially have your described functionality added to the product. Here is a link to the Kepware knowledge base article that covers how to submit the enhancement request:

Article - CS295047 - How to open an Enhancement Request for PTC Kepware Products

Thanks,

*Chris

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JR_9954611
4-Participant
(To:JR_9954611)

Where my PTC Peeps at 

Hi @JR_9954611 

You have posted it on the wrong board. 

Please post your queries related to Kepware here - Kepware - PTC Community

/VR

@JR_9954611 

The Datalogger Plugin will only log to tables that are in the user's default schema. Please feel free to log an enhancement request to potentially have your described functionality added to the product. Here is a link to the Kepware knowledge base article that covers how to submit the enhancement request:

Article - CS295047 - How to open an Enhancement Request for PTC Kepware Products

Thanks,

*Chris

JR_9954611
4-Participant
(To:cmorehead)

@cmorehead are you sure? Multiple people have said this, but in practice it only ever logs to dbo schema, regardless of the users default schema. I've made a user called kepware, and I've given it the default schema of kepware, and it still logs to dbo. 

JR_9954611
4-Participant
(To:JR_9954611)

In the end it was indeed possible to log to a non "dbo" schema. I had to restart all the permissions for the user I was using to log and remove all permissions to DBO so all it could see was the Kepware schema. 

Top Tags