cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Not all the devices are responding

GA_10547950
3-Visitor

Not all the devices are responding

Hello, 

I recently started a project with 7 PLC (Mitsubishi C2J). Each of the device has its own channel. When I launch the QuickClient, only the first device have its tags quality at 'Good'; all the other have bad quality. 

GA_10547950_0-1673359134745.pngGA_10547950_1-1673359162733.png

Also, in the logs, it appears that 'Device is not responding' for them.

GA_10547950_3-1673359711863.png

The strange part is that, when I ping the IP addresses of the devices, all of them are responding well.

GA_10547950_2-1673359220082.png

and the item ._system of the device that are not responding have ._Error boolean at '1'.

The last thing that I have noticed is that, when I change the IP address of the first channel to another one (ie, from .31 to .32), the new address of the device becomes readable in the quick Client. 

I though it was an error in the channels parameters, but the all have the same parameters.

Need some help, thank you.

1 REPLY 1

@GA_10547950

Hello Armand,

Device not responding is a common issue when configuring devices in the KEPServerEX application. Here is a link to the Kepware knowledge base article that covers initial troubleshooting of devices that are not responding:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS276466

If the issue persists, I recommend opening a case through the my kepware portal of the website so that the Kepware Technical Support team can take a deeper dive into your configuration. Here is a link to the login page:

I can also create a case on your behalf if it is more convenient. 

Thanks, 

Chris 

Top Tags