cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

OPC UA configuration KepServer

AH_10760390
1-Newbie

OPC UA configuration KepServer

Hello!

I'm fairly new to this area and have been tasked to setup a new server for a client. The old server is running kepserverEX using OPC DA and my job is to configure the new server and run OPC UA. I'm trying to test this out locally with a plc on my network with a few tags on it. The system in production has a ton of tags and ideally i'd like to see these tags imported in kep. I just cant seem to get it to work though. I was hoping to set up a channel with a OPC UA driver and add a device. But after that i just cant seem to figure out the next logical step. If I try select imported items in the setup I get a message saying I can't connect to localhost:49320. If I try tag generation i get the message "Unable to generate a tag database for device x: driver not started."

I've tried to check for similarities in the setup on the old server, but it's running version 5 of kepserver and the configuration doesn't match all that well to what im looking at on version 6.

I've gone through documentation but have a hard time finding information that helps me along, I need someone with experience to give me some step by step here. Hopefully someone has pity on a poor soul.
Not looking for a magical fix (I wont say no if you have one), but something to point me in the right direction would be very helpful.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Article - ""Unable to generate a tag database for device '<Channel.Device>' :Driver not started" in PTC Kepware Products": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS379233

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Article - ""Unable to generate a tag database for device '<Channel.Device>' :Driver not started" in PTC Kepware Products": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS379233

Top Tags