cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Timestamp logging question

imsnide
3-Visitor

Timestamp logging question

I am reading some tag values programmatically and for some reason the Kepware tags being read are passing the system time instead of the recorded timestamp value. I can see the correct value when viewing in the QuickClient, however when I call on the program to read the values the timestamp value is changed to whatever time the read is made. 

Has anyone ever seen something like this?

4 REPLIES 4

@imsnide 

How are you programmatically requesting the data? Typically, Client applications make OPC DA or OPC UA data requests to KEPServerEX in which VQT(value, Quality and timestamp) are passed per the OPC specs. I presume you will need to get your program to make either OPC DA or OPC UA request in order to get the time stamp of the read request. The Quick Client makes an OPC DA connection.

Thanks,

*Chris

I am making the connection through an OPC DA client that I built. It works well in most environments, however I have one Kepware server that is logging the system time in place of the recorded time, and I can't figure out why...it's annoying, and I have made some modifications on the backend to work around the issue. My other use cases for this exact same logging application it picks up the time as seen in the OPC quick client/kepware. 

@ms_10736284

It sounds like time stamp issue is specific to your custom-built Client application since the behavior described is not seen in any other Client application making read requests of KEPServerEX. Are you able to open a Support Ticket with the Kepware Technical Support Team to properly troubleshoot your connection. The team will need to analyze some diagnostics and collect some files which are not suitable for this public community format. 

Thanks,

*Chris

The behavior is only seen on one Kepware install...on dozens of others using the same client it is not seen. That is the conundrum for me, I can't quite wrap my head around it, thought it might be a kepserver setting, but I am not seeing anything.

Top Tags