cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Unable to query recordset on Log Group "Name". Reading: Cannot find object ID or Database ID

JR_9954611
4-Participant

Unable to query recordset on Log Group "Name". Reading: Cannot find object ID or Database ID

Hello, 

I'm using kepware datalogger. I have set it up to log to an existing table called "Interval". It has been working fine for a while. I stopped the data logger and added a few more tags to log. When I restarted the logger I get this error:

Unable to query recordset on Log Group 'Test_IntervalReading'. Reason: Cannot find object ID 2063930610 in database ID 33. 

This has happened once before, and by dropping and recreating the table it goes away. Obviously I cannot do that in future once I go live with my application. Does anyone have any idea what this error means and how to resolve it ? It seems to indicate to me that kepware cannot see the database or table ( I assume that's what those IDs refer to). However I can confirm that user has the right access to those tables. Not only has it been working already, but I've double checked by logging in as that user directly to the db etc. 

JR_9954611_0-1691620294448.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Not sure if this applies but the logger will continue to operate with tags whose targets that have been deleted or changed as long as you don't stop it. Once you restart that error will present. 

I say this because I have to do most of my work in real time with the process line running so I can't always shut the logger down... and I sometimes forget that I made this or that change when the time comes I can shut it down and I don't re-discover it until I try to restart.. 

Also pay attention to the table structure and see if its changed between iterations. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Not sure if this applies but the logger will continue to operate with tags whose targets that have been deleted or changed as long as you don't stop it. Once you restart that error will present. 

I say this because I have to do most of my work in real time with the process line running so I can't always shut the logger down... and I sometimes forget that I made this or that change when the time comes I can shut it down and I don't re-discover it until I try to restart.. 

Also pay attention to the table structure and see if its changed between iterations. 

Thanks SlidingDownhill, you pointed me in the right direction. The issue arose from a table modification I hadn't noticed. While the schema remained unchanged and no developer altered it, we use Microsoft's SqlTableDependency to track data changes and broadcast those via SignalR. This adds triggers to the table autonomously, occasionally causing a conflicting trigger, leading to the problem. The error message from Kepware was a bit misleading as it suggests it cant locate the table. Still not entirely sure what's going on with the triggers but I know where to look now. 

Top Tags