cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Custom tool design problem

RJ_FR
8-Gravel

Custom tool design problem

Hello,

I have a problem with the design of a tool. For machining a part i use a sawblade with a sawblade holder.

https://www.haimer.biz/products/tool-holders/accessories/sawblade-holder/sawblade-holder.html

When i design the tool in creo NC with a sketch, it takes as cutting reference the lower point of the tool.

001140.png

When i use the tool in my trajectory path, this is this point whirch is follow the trajectory.

Even if i modify the sketch with construction segments...

001139.png

Is there a solution to define the cutting edges of the tool ?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
bmuller
9-Granite
(To:RJ_FR)

The picture shows one way, if I am interpreting your question correctly. Another would be to create a solid tool, and set the "TIP" coordinate system where you want on the tool centerline. I usually just use the KEY CUTTER type for saws. I've only had to use this method for 4 axis moves where solid tools are not suitable, and shape for simulation is critical. Notice the added coordinate system needed to make this work. You could also put the coordinate system on the axis if you want to use offset tool paths.

sketch_tool.png

Top Tags