cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Need to output the coolant/on after move to clearance plane.

Chokchai
4-Participant

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 6.0 (connected) 6.0 6.0.2.0

The output of coolant/on is come after tool change. Need to move the coolant/on after start point.

How can we move this coolant/on line? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thom
9-Granite
(To:Chokchai)

Have you tried adding a CL line in your tool path? You might want to set the parameter for "COOLANT_OPTION" to "OFF on your tool path and then customize your tool path to insert a CL Command where you need it. ("INSERT/ COOLNT / FLOOD") or what ever type of coolant you want. Then when you want it to turn off ("INSERT/ COOLNT / OFF"). It's manual changes, but sometimes that is what you have to do to get it perfect. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You might need to look at the Post Processor settings for your machine.

Applications->NC Post Processor

Once the application pops up, pick the option file you want to change, then click on the "Machine Codes" button, then the "Coolant" button.

You might be able to get what you want by changing the "Output Type" selection. I'm thinking maybe picking "With next XY block" or "With the next Z block" might do the trick for you.

You can change the option, save, then try post processing an output file to see if the desired effect has occurred. Not terribly fun, but that's post processing for you.

If this simple method doesn't work for you, the next option might be to modify the post processor .FIL code. But that's an entirely different thing that most folks don't want to tackle unless they have to.

Chokchai
4-Participant
(To:KenFarley)

Thank you KenFarley,

I've try to output the coolant "With next XY Block". Unfortunately, the machine does not read M08 in that block. Can we separate M08 to append the new block after "Next XY Block"? or do you have any better solutions for this? Thank you.

@Chokchai

Customization of post may help but not sure as I don't have any expertise. Yu may get the literature and references at article  

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS315260?

Thom
9-Granite
(To:Chokchai)

Have you tried adding a CL line in your tool path? You might want to set the parameter for "COOLANT_OPTION" to "OFF on your tool path and then customize your tool path to insert a CL Command where you need it. ("INSERT/ COOLNT / FLOOD") or what ever type of coolant you want. Then when you want it to turn off ("INSERT/ COOLNT / OFF"). It's manual changes, but sometimes that is what you have to do to get it perfect. 

Top Tags