cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Save time creating the Tap (Gcode) file

CC_8466609
6-Contributor

Save time creating the Tap (Gcode) file

Hi.

I'm looking for a better solution to generate the tap (G code) file faster.

Creating the G code from Creo takes more than 20 minutes for per component and at that time I cannot use Creo (Creo is busy with this conversion from NCL to Tap format.

Do you know any solution to generate the Tap file remotely or using different approach and not keeping Creo busy with this conversion.

Thx,

CC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If it is the post-processing that takes that long a possible solution would be to purchase a standalone version of Gpost. This way the Creo will be available for use during post-processing.

I never used or even seen a standalone installation of Gpost and I don't know how much it costs but I think it should be possible.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@CC_8466609 wrote:

Hi.

I'm looking for a better solution to generate the tap (G code) file faster.

Creating the G code from Creo takes more than 20 minutes for per component and at that time I cannot use Creo (Creo is busy with this conversion from NCL to Tap format.

Do you know any solution to generate the Tap file remotely or using different approach and not keeping Creo busy with this conversion.

Thx,

CC

Hi,

you can start another Creo session and work in it.

Important: To enable this "option" you have to define two psf startup files and inside them define PTC_WF_ROOT variable pointing to different directories.

Martin Hanák

If it is the post-processing that takes that long a possible solution would be to purchase a standalone version of Gpost. This way the Creo will be available for use during post-processing.

I never used or even seen a standalone installation of Gpost and I don't know how much it costs but I think it should be possible.

Thank you for the solution.

PTC gave an option to generate the NCL file on a Remote Server that is a good option, but to create the G code file need to be created on the client machine and for our projects to create the G code take even 30 min.

From my point was supposed to be easier to be created both NCL\G code on a remote server automatically. 

The other work around what Martin mentioned was to have 2 Creo sessions if are used on the same I believe Creo allow to open as many Creo sessions on a client machine and taking only 1 license.

Top Tags