cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Volume Milling can not cut first in depth, it always go slice by slice with all region

BH_8851954
7-Bedrock

Volume Milling can not cut first in depth, it always go slice by slice with all region

I need to machine several deep Fins ( around 50mm in depth), in order to machine safely, I need to machine one Fin zone and then move to another zone.  I use Mill window + Volume milling, found that volume milling always cut slice by slice from one Fin zone to another, instead cut each Fin zone to full depth, and then move to other Fin zone.

Could you please help me to solve this issue? 

thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

I'm assuming by "fin zone" you mean the space between the fins?

If the geometry you are cutting out is identical from fin to fin, the approach I'd try is to do all the machining I need to complete one "fin zone", then pattern it to do them all. I've used this when making arrays of identical parts or for complicated features that are repeated, and it can be a real time-saver.

Hello, Kenfaley,

Yes, I want to machine space between fins, unfortunately, they are not identical, thus pattern is not applicable.

Do you think that we have any other alternatives? 

Regards,

Bin 

hheinze
6-Contributor
(To:BH_8851954)

Top Tags